Lad Logistics VTC & Lad Coaches VBC (Lad Group)
You must already be a driver with Lad Logistics and/or Lad Coaches to be able to use the forum.

Logistics Application: http://myvtc.net/r/15216

Coaches Application: http://jamessite.tk/ladcoaches/join.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You must already be a driver with Lad Logistics and/or Lad Coaches to be able to use the forum.

Logistics Application: http://myvtc.net/r/15216

Coaches Application: http://jamessite.tk/ladcoaches/join.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing?

4 posters

Go down

Racing?     Empty Racing?

Post by Vladdy290 Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi.

Some of you may know that I like to drive fast. And I do. Very fast. Not on highways. Not with crazy racing mods.
I do everything I can to help this hobby, I have the most stable truck, with the most powerful engine and the best transmission. (built using The Leeds Lad's hybrid truck making tutorial, thanks ;D)

In fact, I'm even hearing some cars revving up probably in a parking lot in the city centre (3 miles away),and it's 23:45 right now lol.

So, after joining Lad Logistics I started time attack racing on a secondary road south of Sheffield. When you look at it from the map, it doesn't look THAT hard. Completely wrong. It's hard. Not as hard as those around Salzburg (Check them out, some really twisted roads),  but it took me 100+ tries to achieve my goal: 2:16 from the conjunction in Sheffield to the conjunction to Grimsby-Birmingham. Barely at the 90th or so run I found out that the last turn makes a huge difference (if you fail it, you can lose up to 4 seconds!) I've got a recording of my record (xD), so I'm thinking, if I could set some good records on a few tracks, I could post them on Youtube (I've got some good video ideas in my mind right now), and Lad Logistics could gain some reputation as "a small group of proffessionals" maybe?

Driving fast is fun when done properly Wink
Vladdy290
Vladdy290
Logistics Section Moderator

Back to top Go down

Racing?     Empty Re: Racing?

Post by MicroJake Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:59 am

Hmmmmm.

Well at Lad Logistics we like to obey the law. (Sort of) so I'm sure that I cannot speak on behalf of the company but I can say that the managers wouldn't condone this (maybe, again I don't speak on behalf of them) but between u and me this looks like fun so I'll definitely be giving it a go!
MicroJake
MicroJake

Location : The greatest county on Gods green earth. (YORKSHIRE)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Leeds Lad Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Driving fast is okay, as long as you do not cause collisions!

It would cost us thousands in insurance claims and compensation Laughing
The Leeds Lad
The Leeds Lad
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.theleedslad.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladdy290 Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:55 pm

The Leeds Lad wrote:Driving fast is okay, as long as you do not cause collisions!

It would cost us thousands in insurance claims and compensation Laughing
Haha, no, I won't cause collisions, I am a good driver! I did a run while driving safely (but still fast) on the Sheffield track and I got 2:20, just 4 seconds more than driving crazy (wow my truck is awesome xD)

I'll race on some different tracks, I want to see if I'm a good racer or just good on my home-track (I doubt). I also want to try some drifting on some mountain roads in Germany (I tried to do a run on one and I crashed 3 times, I never made it to the end xD), I have a great (and simple) idea for the camerawork, and I've heard that you can very easily drift if you have 100% damage on your tires, but how exactly do I get 100% damage on tires? I could drive for 650,000 miles (actually, I couldn't lol), or crash everything to 100%. I've tried doing that, but my tires only get damaged to 42%, and at that percentage I can't drift, and I don't have any grip at all, so it just makes me a lot slower for grip racing.

I want to do this without any drifting mod, anyone knows how I could get more tire damage? I couldn't find any game file to change some values and poof, free drift (so sad), so until then I'll just race like normal people do (actually, normal racers cause normal people don't race lol)
Vladdy290
Vladdy290

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Only issue I can see is if the person in front has lag issues and go straight into the back of them. Happened to me a few times!
James
James
Administrator
Administrator

Location : Sutton Coldfield/Erdington, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK

http://jamesdeakin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Leeds Lad Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Vladdy290 wrote:Haha, no, I won't cause collisions, I am a good driver! I did a run while driving safely (but still fast) on the Sheffield track and I got 2:20, just 4 seconds more than driving crazy (wow my truck is awesome xD)

I'll race on some different tracks, I want to see if I'm a good racer or just good on my home-track (I doubt). I also want to try some drifting on some mountain roads in Germany (I tried to do a run on one and I crashed 3 times, I never made it to the end xD), I have a great (and simple) idea for the camerawork, and I've heard that you can very easily drift if you have 100% damage on your tires, but how exactly do I get 100% damage on tires? I could drive for 650,000 miles (actually, I couldn't lol), or crash everything to 100%. I've tried doing that, but my tires only get damaged to 42%, and at that percentage I can't drift, and I don't have any grip at all, so it just makes me a lot slower for grip racing.

I want to do this without any drifting mod, anyone knows how I could get more tire damage? I couldn't find any game file to change some values and poof, free drift (so sad), so until then I'll just race like normal people do (actually, normal racers cause normal people don't race lol)

You could get Jeremy Clarkson's police car and drive next to your truck?

Racing?     2714919182_8e6b01fa0b_z
The Leeds Lad
The Leeds Lad
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladdy290 Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:39 pm

James wrote:Only issue I can see is if the person in front has lag issues and go straight into the back of them. Happened to me a few times!
Yea, it's pretty annoying when some Russian idiots with 1kbps internet connection drive their ricer-style Scanias in front of you and block your way when you try to overtake them cause they haven't even taken off the truck speed limiter option in the settings and they're too slow, and when you tell them that if they'll continue to block you'll report them, they give you a link in the chat: howmad.ru and keep driving at 68 mph. Or when they just save their game in the middle of the road and spawn at random times in your truck and make you be the first truck driver on the moon (someone spawned into me at H64 when I was entering the port in Grimsby -_-)

But don't worry, I don't do illegal street racing on EU2 (although I could, it'd be really fun), I race on SP with no traffic, damage and police mod tongue
Vladdy290
Vladdy290

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladdy290 Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:42 pm

The Leeds Lad wrote:
You could get Jeremy Clarkson's police car and drive next to your truck?

Racing?     2714919182_8e6b01fa0b_z
Haha, yea I could but my truck would crush that spike, it's simply too awesome to be able to be destroyed xDD

It's like the Chuck Norris of trucks lol?
Vladdy290
Vladdy290

Back to top Go down

Post by The Leeds Lad Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:44 pm

If the truck is in our colours, of course it would be too awesome to be able to be destryed!  afro
The Leeds Lad
The Leeds Lad
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Oh yes it would!
James
James
Administrator